Key Account Manager
Our client is a global leader in their field with a long and distinguished market presence and global revenues of more than 4 billion USD.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for the profitable and successful sales activities related to the customer accounts under the role`s responsibility within the Rod/Billet product line, and will focus on maximizing production assets, premiums, and margins.
- Contribute to the development of the annual plan for volumes and premiums in the given product area. Ensure that sales administration staff follows premium targets and rules of engagement for executing sales and deliveries. Ensure all approvals are obtained and controls are in place. Prepare sales contracts, execute and archive them in appropriate order and timely manner.
- Deliver on key quarterly and annual targets related to margin, revenue, payment performance, working capital (cash and inventory), or other relative financial indicators.
- Establish excellent multi-level customer relationships, act as the customer advocate and partner to drive on-time delivery and issue resolution, and develop new relationships in alignment with the long-term strategic plans.
- Work closely with Europe Credit Management to continually review individual customer credit lines, and take actions to mitigate credit risk. Ensure all product sales activities are in line with credit management approvals and rules of engagement and audit requirements.
- Contribute to design customer contract strategies, negotiate contracts to ensure strategy is achieved, and administer all aspects of contract management.
- Contribute to construct and maintain all product forecasts and any relevant variance explanations and status updates.
- Work closely with Metal Control, Customer Service Representative Team, and Casthouse management to ensure proper processes are followed related to sales order forecasting, sales order entry, new product development and manufacturing feasibility, and monthly balancing. Propose changes to optimize the customer portfolio through close collaboration with the Casthouse management and the European Rod/Billet Sales Manager. Ensure all appropriate information is available on time to the back office for appropriate sales order entry and management.
- Understand the company and its competitors` SWOT position and ascertain competitors` pricing fundamentals.
- Deliver market intelligence to provide valuable inputs to support decision making related to strategy, pricing, and future asset investments related to the foundry product line. Report actively about the market status and tendencies, supply, demand, customers and competitors, providing valuable information to obtain a clear view on the market situation.
- Develop detailed customer plans in support of the strategy and expected margin contributions.
- Manage the hedging process, to include customer education, process adherence and overall execution
- The role requires extensive travel
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Marketing, Engineering or similar degree
- 7-years’ experience in sales of industrial commodity products
- Sales and risk management track record
- Strong customer orientation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Focused on short-term results while being able to carry out medium- and long-term strategies
- Sufficient technical background to understand customer’s requirements and casthouse processes and technical limitations
- Open mindset to work in a multicultural environment
- Exceptional negotiation, execution and influencing skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills with experience developing and executing go-to-market strategies and collateral support needs
- Experience in translating financial data into business solutions, while identifying trends and forecasting
- Autonomous action planning and implementation capability accompanied with strong teamwork orientation
- Strong time management skills and ability to apply these under pressure
Our client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package with a full time permanent contract and the chance to work with a professional and dedicated team. Relocation assistance will be provided for candidates seeking to move to the Netherlands.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV with motivation to Danyel Zisman at Madison Parker International – email@example.com – or call him on +31 (0) 70 387 5911.