Our market leading client is currently looking for a Procurement Specialist. Working with the outsourcing team you will manage all client order pricing requests in pricing reviews and margin allocation based on company set margins. You will work with selected suppliers in best package optimization and pricing solution and your activities will include planning, organizing, negotiating, purchasing, and delivery of print production products; optimizing price, delivery and service including long-term strategic and tactical aspects of purchasing and supply chain management.
- Provide all pricing and alternative options to estimating for outsourcing print, envelopes and paper utilizing supplier’s agreements and directly soliciting pricing from the marketplace for products / services not included under Corporate agreements.
- Maintain designated mark-ups as determined by Senior Management team for each material (cost versus sell price)
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules for all outsourced orders based on client mail date requirement and supplier’s requirements
- Purchase material and supplies at the lowest cost consistent with required quality, quantity and availability and on-time delivery
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors, monitor compliance with contractual agreements, internal quality standards, and regulatory requirements
- Accountable for margin improvement, on work which was quoted at bid versus business gained
- Track all cost savings that for all outsourced order for mailings and bulk components cost versus sales
- Project quoting and procurement of print and direct mail projects (ad hoc and programmatic), including lettershop and postage optimization responsibilities
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors using request for proposal process, managing supplier selection process based upon price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Serve as the main point of contact between plant and supplier for all estimating, customer service, and manufacturing needs
- Language skills - English written and verbal communication plus French or German speaking
- 3+ years direct mail and commercial print buying experience ideally including offset printing (web, sheet-fed, continuous form, and in-line finishing) and digital printing
- Analytical Skills: Procurement managers work with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and need to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Experience working with suppliers to negotiate job cost and schedules.
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team
- Ability to work independently
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communication, analysis, negotiation, facilitation, work in a team environment, organization, collaboration, contract interpretation, multi-tasking, project management & implementation skills, and solid computer skills including Windows, Outlook, & Excel.
- (Business, Purchasing or Accounting) or equivalent knowledge of total business interactions through work experience.
- A minimum of three years purchasing experience in a manufacturing or service company with a strong working knowledge of purchasing principles, policies and procedures. Knowledge of printing and lettershop processes is preferred.
The position can be based from anywhere in mainland Europe providing candidates have easy access to communication links. A permanent office base could be available out of Amsterdam or Milan.
This position is only open to candidates who are currently located in mainland Europe and have a valid EU passport.
Interested? Please send your CV with salary indicator and motivation to Danyel Zisman – Resource Consultant at Madison Parker International - firstname.lastname@example.org - or call him on +31 (0) 70 387 5911.